Tuesday, November 4, 2008

So, it is election day...

It has been said that this is the most important election in history. It definitely should be. But something dark is tugging at my insides. A feeling that it doesn't really matter who wins, this country, the world, is going to collapse. If McCain wins, we will have 4 more years of the same bullshit that has had this country spiraling towards Oblivion for the past 8 years. If Obama wins, the hardcore, right wing, NRA member, zealots will most likely end up assassinating the man and end up starting a civil war which will end up going global and turn into WWIII. So, here we stand. The brink before us is nothing more than a jumping off point. Us kicking our own asses, one way or the other. I suppose now, it's nothing more than "Which side are you on?" But then, I think it's a direction we've been heading in for quite some time. I wish it weren't. I wish there were a middle ground we could all agree on. I HOPE that the sinking feeling in my stomach is just from the years of playing violent video games and watching violent movies and cartoons and TV shows mixed with bad jokes about two men who worked very had to get the chance to run for the office of president. Agree with their point of view or not, they did both work very hard to get there.

Here's hoping I'm just being paranoid. Get out to your local voting location and choose your side.

No comments: